Yiddish Art Classes for Children
Our hands-on Yiddish art classes engage children in the culture of Yiddishland through fun art activities.
Yiddish Art Classes for Children 5-10
This art class is designed for children ages 5-10 at any level and of all backgrounds. The objective is to engage participants in the culture and heritage of Yiddishland through art.
- creating and composing art with Yiddish concepts
- exploring the life and work of artists featured at the gallery.
Please note that phones and tablets will not be allowed in the classroom.
When: Wednesdays, May 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 and June 7, 12.45 – 1.45 p.m. Door opens at 12.30 p.m.
Where: At Yiddishland CA, 1128 Wall Street, La Jolla, CA, 92037 and online, on Zoom.
- Early bird (until Tuesday, April 4): 6 class package available for $125, single class for $25.
- Regular price: 6 class package available for $150, single class $30.
- Zoom classes: 6 class package available for $80, single class $15
Class materials are included in the price.
Instructor: Preet Srivastava
Hailing from NYC, Preet Srivastava is a painter whose art has been featured in galleries throughout the US, Jamaica and India. She attended the University of Redlands and the Academy of Art University (SF). She owned and operated Galoka Gallery (La Jolla, CA) and was a founding co-creator of the Governor’s Island Art Fair (NY). She was the featured artist in the documentary “Bombay to Brooklyn”, produced by Carol Ryavec. Preet has been teaching art classes for kids and adults for over 20 years.